Wale Throws Shade At Tomi Lahren On Twitter

As we reported, earlier this month, Tomi Lahren sued Glenn Beck and TheBlaze for wrongful termination after she was sacked for coming out as pro-choice during an appearance on The View.

Lahren, 24, has sued Beck and TheBlaze, based in Irving, claiming that they wrongfully fired her after she said on "The View" that she supported abortion rights and that it would be hypocritical to support both limited government and government interference in abortion.

"Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body", she said.

The counterclaim goes on to say that "TheBlaze has had employment issues with Lahren for well over a year", and that as a result of those issues the company had not meant to extend her contract after it expires in September.

Last week, Lahren told ABC Nightline (which Beck claims is a contract violation in an of itself) the following about her status with TheBlaze. Even though Lahren doesn't have her show anymore, she's still getting paid and remains under contract with The Blaze until September. But the producer confirmed that she and Lahren are "not in talks".

Beck, who founded The Blaze, accused Lahren of mistreating network employees and creating conflicts with coworkers.

. "Because Lahren is closely associated with The Blaze, her statements also reflected negatively on TheBlaze's reputation", the court documents read. Lahren was benched because she was rude to staff members and making public appearances without prior approval of her higher-ups, he and the network claim in their suit against their former star, according to a report in Law Newz.

"When your outlet is taken away from you, when your catharsis is stripped from you, and you don't understand why and you're so disappointed and you're so blindsided by it, it hurts", the commentator said.

The filing also claims that Lahren's on-air word choice often bordered on the profane. The Blaze has already decided not to renew her contract past that point, but according to the site's argument, that's not the same as being fired. "Instead, the company says the network chose to bench her from air after a slew of bad behavior including Lahren's mistreating of staff, and making public appearances without prior approval", LawNewz explained. Executive producer Hilary Estey McLoughlin says she has no plans to bring in the conservative host after her exit from The Blaze.

TheBlaze also says public appearances Lahren is scheduled to make in May and June are also violations of her contract.

Her comments on The View, the suit said, "demonstrated an apparent flip-flop from opinions she had previously expressed". The suit says leaving the page dormant since March 19 has "irreparably harmed" Lahren.

Vanessa Coleman

Comments