Man Arrested After Young Woman’s Body Found Stuffed Inside Suitcase in CT

Greenwich police on Tuesday identified the suspect in the killing of Valerie Reyes as Javier DeSilva, who was arrested in Queens, New York.

Javier Enrique Da Silva Rojas, 24, was charged federally with one count of kidnapping resulting in death, which carries a sentence of death or life in prison.

Javier da Silva's arrest follows police discovering the ex boyfriend from Queens having fraudulently used Reyes' ATM card in NY the Westchester Journal News reports. Officials said her hands and feet were bound when her body was found by highway workers.

On the night of January 28, the last time Reyes' mother, Norma Sanchez spoke to her daughter, the panicked young woman told her she felt scared that something bad was going to happen to her, the Journal News, local news station WABC and The New York Times reported. They say he said he then tied her and put her in a suitcase. "I was praying her family would have her back", neighbor Brenda DeGiacomo said.

"I asked her why do you feel this way? I'm paranoid, mummy. I'm getting anxiety attacks.' She was having a hard time talking".

Javier Da Silva, of Queens, admitted during an interview with an Federal Bureau of Investigation agent that he did bound and put Reyes, a New Rochelle resident, in a suitcase and leave it in a wooded area, said a criminal complaint filed in White Plains Superior Court on Tuesday, Feb. 12.

Reyes had reportedly dumped her boyfriend de Silva a week before she went missing.

Police say an arrest has been made in the slaying of a 24-year-old woman whose body was found stuffed inside a suitcase in CT.

A source told the news outlet that Reyes was "killed at her residence" and the ex-boyfriend allegedly confessed to the murder to investigators.

"She was scared, very frightened", her mother Norma Sanchez told the Rockland/Westchester Journal News last week.

"What zeroed us in, and the investigators from New Rochelle, was from the timeline we established, we believe she was already deceased and we saw continued ATM [bank] activity", Greenwich Police Captain Robert Berry told reporters Tuesday, the Greenwich Free Press reported.

Reyes, a Barnes & Noble store clerk, had broken up with her boyfriend five days earlier, according to Sanchez.

Several items were missing from Reyes' apartment, police said.

Autopsy results from the Connecticut Office of the Chief Medical Examiner are still pending. She said that her daughter feared that she would be murdered. "And she said, 'No, '" Sanchez said.

Vanessa Coleman