Kenneka Jenkins Twitter Story Alleges Teen Was Set Up By Friends

The remains of a 19-year-old Chicago woman were discovered inside a walk-in freezer at the hotel where she went to a party.

Jenkins' body was found inside a walk-in freezer at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Rosemont around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.

Martin filed a missing persons report just after 1 p.m. Saturday after hitting a roadblock with the hotel staff when she asked to review surveillance video, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Martin told the outlet that she went to Crowne Plaza around 5 a.m. on Saturday to look for Kenneka; about an hour after the teen's friends called and said they couldn't find her. Her family said that police told them Jenkins was intoxicated when she walked into the freezer. "How did she find the strength to unlock both the double doors?" mother Teresa Martin said.

"Every situation has a lot of variables, and certainly this one did", he said. "The hotel has probably never seen anything like this, either, I would imagine".

"I believe someone in this hotel killed my child", Martin said. Police later told relatives that the teen's body had been found at about 1 a.m. Sunday inside the freezer, which was working at the time, but wasn't being used to store food, Martin said.

Jenkins' friends told Martin the group was leaving the party when they realized Jenkins had left her keys and phone at the party, according to the Chicago Tribune. When the friends went back to the room to get her things, Jenkins stayed in the hallway.

After she was reported missing, Crowne Plaza Hotel staff searched the area, officials said.

Investigators told the family they believed the 19-year-old stumbled into an employee lounge and got into the freezer that was on, but unused. Jenkins had been at a birthday party Friday night on the ninth floor of the hotel.

Police consider the case a "death investigation" right now, and they are interviewing people who at the party to gather more information, reported the newspaper.

Jenkins' friends called Martin at 4 a.m. Saturday, saying they didn't know where she was.

"We do see your daughter again on this camera, ' " police told Martin.

Though we can not confirm whether Monifah Shelton is alive and well, at this time, there are ZERO credible reports stating that she committed suicide.

Martin has questioned the validity of the police's conclusion on her daughter's death. Becky Schlikerman, spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office, said an autopsy was done but it wasn't immediately clear if foul play was a factor. She wanted police to start searching for her daughter then, but they the Rosemont Police Department said they had to wait several hours before they started her search because they said she might show up.

Vanessa Coleman