Arthur Collins trial: Co-accused cleared over club acid attack

A man accused of helping a reality TV star's ex-boyfriend to carry out an acid attack in a packed London nightclub has been cleared of all charges against him.

Arthur Collins, 25, has been convicted of carrying out an acid attack in the United Kingdom nightclub which injured 22 people, including the two Sydney women, on April 17. He claimed he thought it was a date rape drug he had stolen from men inside the club after he'd overheard them talking about plans to spike a woman's drink.

The 25-year-old, of Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, had admitted throwing the fluid at the club in Warburton Road on April 17, but said he did not know it was acid.

Last week the court heard how Collins' "feared for Ferne's career" following the acid attack, with his defence lawyer, George Carter-Stephenson saying that Collins ran from the police as he was "a young man in turmoil, in fear, not knowing what to do for the best".

16 people suffered serious burns in the attack.

CCTV shown at Wood Green Crown Court appeared to show Mr Phoenix holding Mr Collins' arms as he sprayed liquid at revellers.

Victims described a burning smell and their skin "blistering straight away" before everyone started "screaming, shouting, running".

Clubbers shielded their faces with clothing, and rubbed ice on blistered skin.

He was not apprehended until a few days after the incident and was tasered by armed police after he tried to flee from an upstairs window of a house in Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire.

Collins has a previous conviction for ABH in December 2015 after punching another man in the face in another nightclub attack.

"I stood up and felt something wet on my back".

Collins, the father of Ferne's daughter Sunday, claimed he was celebrating her pregnancy at the Love Juice event, having told her family the news just hours before.

Phoenix told the jury during the trial that he stepped in to separate Collins and another male when they started squaring up to one another.

Phoneix was burned by the substance and was seen washing himself with a bottle of water in the CCTV footage, attending Whittington hospital in Archway, north London, for medical assistance the next day.

Collins was convicted on all counts on a majority verdict of 10 to two, and he will be sentenced on 19 December.

Vanessa Coleman